Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I've always liked the expression, "Opinions are like noses - everyone has one." So it is with a little trepidation that I begin an 'advice column' blog.

But there are a lot of questions. And I have a lot of opinions :-)

To clarify a few things about why I'm adding this blog to the "Country Parson," here is a short list:
1) I believe that living in rural America is a unique way of life. There is a significant difference between a twenty minute drive to work over hills and creeks and a twenty minute drive in heavy traffic.
2) Rural spirituality is in danger. As urbanization as affected nearly every aspect of rural life, so it is affecting rural Churches. Small rural Churches are being closed every week all over the country. Denominations are not sending pastors to these congregations. Contemporary models of Church life are mega-Churches with video and bands and coffee shops and book deals. I would like to provide a voice for Christian people who like the small, clapboard country Church.
3) I'd like to hear from readers and respond in a way that is decent, fair, and Christian.

I hope you'll visit this blog as you have visited The Country Parson. Thanks for stopping by.

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, "The Country Parson" has a decidely English ring to (Australian) me.

Looking forward to reading more. And my prayers are with all in rural areas: we have very similar situations here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home